St Pancras Station was designed by Gilbert Scott. The main engineer on the project was W. H. Barlow. Built in 1868 the ribs of the Gothic shaped roof continue in an unbroken line from platform level to the ridge at the top. The building is 243 ft. wide, 600 ft. long and the point of the arch is 100 ft. above rail level. It became the main London terminal the York & Midland Railway.
© John Simkin, May 2013