Alexander Kolchak in 1914
Alexander Kolchak was born in 1873. He joined the Russian Navy and became a national hero during the Russo-Japanese War.
1. Was a strong supporter of Nicholas II and the autocracy.
2. Did not believe in universal suffrage.
3. Wanted the Russian government to deal harshly with those people demanding political reforms.
4. Thought Russia should support Serbia against the Triple Alliance.
5. Thought Russia should honour its obligations and support the Triple Entente against the Triple Alliance.
6. As the Russian Army was the largest army in the world he was convinced that Russia would defeat Austria-Hungary and Germany in a war.